Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Belgian Weekend




So, I've received two articles recently from the New York Times about Rwanda: one praising the country's turnaround and leadership, the other talking about the difficulties of doing business there. No doubt both are very true. Email me if you want the articles.

Since this blog is subtitled Moving from Brussels to Kigali, and because I don't think I'll have frequent updates about Rwanda for a bit, I'll concentrate on life in Belgium for now.

July 21 is Belgium's national holiday, and we went with some friends to the Gentse Feest - Ghent Festival - for the night. It's basically a huge street party, a cross between a state fair, outdoor concert, and Foxfield. A great time, but Sunday morning we got up and drove to Oostende on the coast to run a 10km race. The weather was perfect and although it was tough to get started, I finished in 55:55 which is fine by me, and seems like a lucky number.

1 comment:

scavengethis said...

more posts about beer. that's what the people want...

no one has asked THAT question about rwanda!