Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Arrival

I'm here.

Which is pretty much all I have to report. Arrived last night at 7pm, and it was already dark, so hard to see much. Clearing immigrations and customs was a breeze, and someone from OTF met myself and 2 other coworkers at the airport. We spent the night in a house OTF leases for 2 senior people who are in and out of town.

Took a drive around Kigali last night and on the way into the office this morning. It's pretty much what I expected. Hilly, pretty, wonderful weather, people everywhere, etc. Excited to get out there and see more.

Leaving now to set up a bank account, see my house, etc. Should get a car shortly. They drive on the right, but the steering wheel is on the right! I'm just praying they haven't adopted the Belgian traffic laws!

Much more soon...

ps - a big thanks to everyone who came to my going away party in BRU - I had a blast! And will post pictures soon

1 comment:

Sarah Parker said...

Hey Garron, your dad has been filling me in on your travels and he told me about your blog webpage. Your blogs are great and I enjoy reading them. You seem to be enjoying it there. Just be safe! I look foward to more blogs.