Saturday, August 4, 2007

Visitors and RIBS






When I lived in Germany for a year post-UVA, everyone and their brother said they would come visit. Very few did. Except Amita, who really did come with her brother.


But Belgium must hold a greater appeal for my friends, or maybe everyone just has more disposable income now. But in any case I have been amazed by how many visitors we've had over the past year, from near and far.


For the past three days, we've been hanging out with Mike and Kelley of Team Turner fame (see their blog in the blogs i read section). Mike and I went to high school, middle school and elementary school together in good ole Midlo VA, and he and his wife are traveling around the world for a year (living the dream!). Anyway, we met them for dinner their first night in Brussels, then ended up going out with them Thursday night and having them and the BRU CREW over for dinner on Friday - we cooked baby back ribs...


It was great to spend some time with them and I hope we didn't monopolize their Belgium time too much. But we have to go to bat for our little country and show off the best stuff!


The picture with the huge test tube of beer is translated as A Giraffe of Beer...probably something else I should have added to the Things I'll Miss entry!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garron

Interesting stuff. I got all caught up on what is here so keep posting.

I missed Germany and Belgium but who knows about Rwanda.

Dad

Anonymous said...

The ribs look delish! Can't wait to come see you guys for one more party in the BRU in a few weeks.